Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cliff Outdoors Joins Kayak Fishing ClassicS

By Capt. Pat Horrigan

Cliff Outdoors has joined the Kayak Fishing ClassicS tournament series and will be providing their unique fly boxes as a sponsor. Cliff Outdoors has some great core values when it comes to designing and manufacturing their fly fishing products. To begin with the product must be a useful and practical design. It must function correctly and be made to the highest standards and have a fair price.
Their no nonsense philosophy is evident in all that Cliff Outdoors makes and we must say their products are dripping with quality. You might wonder how technical can a fly box be…it’s not fancy it’s just made to last and last. They are easy to use and they just make a lot of sense. The unique method of actually holding the fly in place will catch your eye. The blue material has slots in it to store a bag full of flies. To place the hook into the slot, just press the bend of the hook into the slot. Simple! To remove the fly, just lift it at the eye and remove the hook. No more ripping chunks of foam out of your favorite fly box.
The capacity of Cliff’s Bugger Beast will satisfy your fly hording urges and then some. Having the room to neatly organize your flies is a huge bonus and all of Cliff Outdoors fly boxes have great capacity and depth. For salt anglers the Beast series is awesome. We throw some big flies and having a box series designed with us in mind is a greatly appreciated bonus. A fly fishing buddy of mine first showed me the Bugger Beast fly box. He pulled it out the box and its bright yellow color caught my eye. I watched him and when he opened it I could not believe what I was seeing. He handed me the Bugger Beast for a closer inspection and I was very impressed with the high quality, capacity and ease of adding and removing flies. The rock solid slide latches will never manage to magically open on their own and spill your flies to the winds…had that happen once but that’s another story in it of itself.
I had to share my find with our contestants in the Kayak Fishing ClassicS tournament series. Cliff’s made this easy and I think they were as excited as we are about them joining us as a sponsor. Cliff’s sent me a Bugger Beast series box for texting and it was more than I had hoped for. I loaded the box with flies, closed the two slide latches and rocketed it against a block wall…it didn’t open. I did it again with no ill effects and much to my surprise there wasn’t a single fly lose in the box when I opened it. Knowing that it withstood this abuse gave me confidence that it will withstand baggage handlers at global airports as well as being sat upon occasionally by jealous friends.
 Cliff Outdoors makes a variety of fly boxes and fly fishing accessories that you can count on.  Visit Cliff Outdoors on our website or check out on their website at www.CliffOutdoors.com and when you do please tell them we sent you.


No comments:

Post a Comment